Where is my WATER

Finster

Cadet
OK I have a 97 Wave Venture 710 and it runs pretty damn fine year after year. I store it well and take all precautions when storing it for the winter. Well summer is coming and I noticed something last year just prior to putting her down. I know the stream out the back isn't really important for more than looks but where it used to shoot about 10 feet up during a run, it is only shooting a few feet. I think this is showing that I may have a cooling system problem?
I have scourged the internets to find something on this and really have come up short.

My question is this. Does this jetski have a separate impeller for cooling? I have a friend with a boat and he showed me these rubber impellers for cooling but cant seem to find anything online about them for a jetski. I am pretty handy in the garage and plan to get this figured out, as well as rebuilding my carbs this year.

Can anyone give me any insight on what I should be doing to isolate this problem. My plan is to go through the cooling system and start checking for clogs but if these DO have some type of rubber impeller for cooling I would love to look at that first.

gsxrdan

Petty Officer 1st Class
No impeller at all, the jet output provides cooling. That water spout (visibility spout) is also just jet powered, not cooling - used for visibility in big waves; it possibly has some crud in the hose? pull the hose from the underside of the rear deck and blow thru it or poke a wire thru it - but unless u run in the sea get rid of the hose altogether, its a pita when tubing or just around other ppl - its other name is the gay spray...