No aftermarket for EMM?

I've got a 2004 Kawasaki ultra 130 di with a bad EMm and I'm wondering why there is no aftermarket solution to the $1300 dealer part. Since it's commonly pinned as the #1 failure with these skis I would have thought there would be an aftermarket solution. I know you have the option to have it rebuilt but it seems the rebuilt EMM's end up with the same problem

alldodge

Staff member
Did some quick looking and searched on "Kawasaki EMM repair" and came back with few sites and one for sale on ebay

radar026

Recruit
I have 02 stx di and in 2014 sent mine to DFI Technologies to be "repaired" I think it was about $900.00. It was not hard to remove/replace. Last Aug started acting up again and took to shop they confirmed EMM again. Since probably only 10hrs placed on it sent to Ficht EMM repair. I am nervous it won't work when we go to lake but guy promised he takes care of his customers and will refix any problems. He was only $425 (+25 for shipping). I figured 425 is cheaper than new b/c it runs awesome when it works. I won't try to sell it unless for parts.