No ignition Fire! PLEASE HELP!!

justinteoc

Seaman
I have a 94 Polaris SL 750 that will not turn on, the only thing that your suppose to do is install the lanyard under
The stop switch, there isn't a on/off switch other that that, I've tested the switch and it's working but I can't get any electronics to come on, no gauges, trim or starter. I'm not very familiar with the electronics on this I took the black box on top of the battery apart and can't find ANY fuse, I'm not even sure
Where to begin, I'm a Diesel engine tech and this seems like it should be something very simple but I'm just not familiar with what any of the electronic boxes or relays do that's inside that black box, any help is very appreciated!

alldodge

Staff member
Like all switches, including the lanyard it needs to make a connection. First get a voltmeter and not a test light. Then start at the battery and make sure it has 12V present. Then get find the wires going to the lanyard switch and one side should see some voltage, probably 12V. When the lanyard is inserted, the voltage should go to the other wire

justinteoc

Seaman
Thank you very much, it wound up being the resettable link in the black box is just bad, I thought I tested it yesterday but once I jumped the two wires everything went to working, ran a compression check and # 1 has around 75 psi, 2 and 3 are around 105.. A friend of mine gave it to me so I can afford to put a few $ into it!

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
There must some type of on/off switch. For sure you must have a starter switch of some sort. The lanyard only enables and kills the ignition. Here's a 1995 SL 750 wiring diagram. A circuit breaker is connected to the solenoid to feed power to the electronics.

sl750.PNG