Steering Question

bigo39us

Recruit
I have a question, I have a 120 HP sea rayder, the more throttle I give the more steering input I have to give. At full throttle I have to almost have full left steering ? Is there something I need to be looking for to correct this? Please help

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
bigo39us Welcome aboard.

This is your new thread after moving this post out of a dead thread not related to your steering issue.

Not quite understanding your question. Jets have no steering unless the jet is pumping, which is minimal at low RPMs. So it is normal that steering at low RPMs isn't great.

The full throttle and full left steering part is confusing. Are you saying the the boat is pulling to the right at high throttle and you need to steer left to go straight? Does the jet nozzle turn in equal left and right directions on the trailer?

alldodge

Staff member
Have to agree kind of confusing. Maybe your nose cone is broke, cable binging, pivot pin bolt is gone or damaged.

More info and maybe a pic would help

SeaDooSam

Chief Petty Officer
You should not have turn the steering wheel more at full throttle as the throttle is what makes you turn. You should have turn turn the wheel less in fact while at speed and a little more when at idle