1996 Seadoo GSX Problem

Yexty

Recruit
All right folks heres what I'm dealing with: A 1996 seadoo gsx 787 bombardier rotax engine. Put a new engine in it and now I'm having problems getting it to run. When i put the dess in the screen reads low oil and 12 v low, however my battery is fine when checked with a meter and my oil is to the top. The vts moves up and down, but when the start button is pushed nothing happens. Know the engine isn't seized because when I cross the starter relay solenoid it turns over. Any Advice or help? -Thanks

alldodge

Staff member
Howdy

Had a 2000 with the same motor but not the same issue. Replaced the brain but no help. Hope someone comes to assist, and if not, suggest trying the Green Hulk site, they have a lot more folks which have dealt with these and other issues

185StingLX

Cadet
Any reaction at all when you press the start button? Based on what you have said so far, I suspect a ground issue related to the starter solenoid.

WaterDR

Senior Chief Petty Officer
You sure the battery is good? You might be seeing good voltage, but not when under load. May want to have it load tested.

SeaDooSam

Chief Petty Officer
This happened to my '97 GTX. The key post went bad on mine.i don't remember a low battery warning though. The key just literally did nothing for me.