01 rattle

ericcarr2000

Ensign
I have a 01 seadoo rx di ski that has a pretty noticeable rattle it her once I start her up and it stays there until I get to about 2000 rpms. Any suggestions?

GA_Boater

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Did you have the noise before wrapping the rope and carpet around the shaft?

JimS123

Fleet Admiral
Remember all the talk about bent shaft? Sounds like you need a new impeller and wear ring. If you continue to run it like that you'll probably need more than that.

tkarvelis

Cadet
Pull the pump and drive shaft. It is a quick job (2 hours tops). Start the ski again, and see if it goes away. If it does, you will need to rebuild the pump. If not, you will need to rebuild the bottom end as the bearings on the crank are shot.

ericcarr2000

Ensign
I just pulled it out for the season. I do notice that there is some play when you grab the round nozzle just behind the reverse gate. Is this normal?

ericcarr2000

Ensign
Update... I just got done pulling the jut pump and started it up, the rattles gone so I'm assuming I just need a rebuild?
Also is there a place I can get a replacement key, I seem to have misplaced mine?

Last edited:

ericcarr2000

Ensign
Also, how in the world do I remove the driveshaft that goes into the engine? There's an accordion boot around it with some sort of a bushing preventing it from being pulled out?