Awaiting delivery of a new 2016

WaterDR

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Should have a new 2016 Yamaha VX Cruiser HO by Thursday. Looking forward to the new ride.

Anyone have one?

jkust

Rear Admiral
Congrats....waverunners are maybe the most fun things I've ever owned. I bought an FX Sho Last season and just clicked 70 hours this past weekend on it. It was used but never got used by the person I bought it from so it wasn't broken in yet. I want to get something along the lines of a VX for my 15 year old because the SHO, while insanely fun, is a lot of temptation when he starts going out on his own with friends on the lake. Waverunners rack up hours a lot faster than boats because you never just sit and float around like you do on your boat so the clock is always counting. Also, it uses more gas than anything I've ever owned as well. We go through a full tank every outing and that doesn't take long at all to do if you are getting on it.

WaterDR

I here ya! I liked the VX HO with the much better fuel economy and still makes 63 to 65 mph.

Looking for a second one now....probably a used, older VX....2010 or so.

jkust

Rear Admiral
It's hard to not find a fast on top end, newer Waverunner or Sea Doo for a kid. I've noticed a ton of the new Sea Doo Sparks on our lake though since last year. They are relatively slow and they look fun to play around on vs some of the bigger hulls that force you to get on it hard to have some fun in the turns. I like the Yamaha for their engine and lack of need for supercharger maintenance but I really wished they had more than two options for reducing the power like the Sea Doo's do. It's either all out or way too slow on low power mode. I don't really care about the cost of gas but the pain in the behind of gassing it up so often while it is on the lift is no fun. I need a better method of gassing it up though my boat is 60 gallons and that will be a pain the first time I have to refill it up on its lift as well.

JimS123

Fleet Admiral
The VX HO is an awesome boat. I've been riding for over 25 years and I guarantee you will be happy.

The Spark to me looks like a Fisher-Price toy. Also, to get a reasonable one the cost is much higher than the advertised base price. But the most important factor is that the reports indicate that the plastic hulls (not fiberglas like the others) are prone to cracking if you hit a wave, and they are not repairable.

Yami all the way. We just bought a FX cruiser after 20+ years as a SD owner, and we are just delighted with everything about it.

WaterDR

So far so good! Really great machine.Comparing a Spark to this machine is like comparing a Vette to a Miata. The world needs Miatas, but not me :)