01 sea doo rx ?

ericcarr2000

Ensign
I just got done taking my new to me jet ski out for the first time. She ran with no problems with the exception of the speedo stop working. I ran her pretty hard for about 1 1/2 hours. After I got her back home I noticed that there was a light blue liquid on the inside of the exhaust tube by the jet pump. Is this normal? Ski says it has 200 hours on it.

ericcarr2000

Ensign
I recently took my jet ski out for the first time ever. I bought it this past winter... I noticed on the display that it has 190 hours on it. In your opinion is this considered a low number of hours on it or high?

jbcurt00

Staff member
Seriously?

190hrs on a 2001 ski?

Um, thats barely 12 2/3 hrs per year, less if it was sold in the summer of 2000 as a 2001 model.

At just over an hour a month, seems low doesnt it?

EDIT: Merged the 2 same title topics, as you didnt get any replies in the topic about liquid in the exhaust. 200 or 190hrs? If it read 200hrs on June 2, how did you just notice it was 190hrs 2wks later? Forget?

Last edited:

ericcarr2000

Ensign
I didn't notice you could change the display to show hours on it. I also just noticed that I'm getting quite s bit of I'm pretty sure it's oil in the bilge. Before going out I topped of the oil, ran it for s few hours straight. Brought it back home and when I pulled the hull screws, quite a bit of greenish oil came running out. It seems it's going through about a gallon of oil per few hours. Am I correct to assume this isn't normal, lol?