97 seadoo xp oil in cylinders

sptjet90Reflexx

Petty Officer 1st Class
I have a xp with 787 motor blowing oil into the cylinders.. From what I understand this is caused from a blown crank seal. I also read about a mod you can do to rig it up..

I took the oil line that comes from the oil bottle to the starboard side of the block, and unhooked it. with a male to male fitting I looped it with the port side. I believe this is the correct way to do it?

How long should it take to blow all the oil out of the cylinders?

I just want it to last a little longer.

Jeff Walkowiak

Lieutenant Commander
Oil gets in the bottom end from the rotary valve compartment due to bad crank seals , this is common with the 720 engines but not common on the 787 although it is possible.
When you mess with the engine like you are suggesting I doubt the outcome will be a good one. I have seen this done for removing the oil injection and supplying oil to the rotary valve but I fail to see how that is going to do you any good for bad seals.
All it will do is eventually use up the small amount of oil and cause the bearings to wear out. The hoses you are talking about supply oil to the rotary valve compartment from the oil tank.
Closing them off and adding a fill valve to where you attach them to each other is how you set up a supply when you eliminate the oil tank to go to premix, it would not solve the oil seal issue. Possibly and I repeat possibly if you changed out the 2 stroke oil for some heavy motor oil it may help with the oil bypassing the seals or it may not. One thing is for sure if you destroy the crank it will cost a lot more to fix in the end.

sptjet90Reflexx

Petty Officer 1st Class
I guess if I rigged it this way the only way to know if I put to much oil in is if it trys to lockup when starting.. I took her out on the lake today and she runs great. I removed the lines and looped them. Filled the hoses up with quite a bit of lucus stop leak and some heavy gear oil.