oil pump

funin the sun

Seaman
Is bypassing the oil injection to pre mixing gas and oil myself a good idea. I have a 97 kawasaki 1100zxi

alldodge

Staff member
I'll just say there has been many engine failures from the oil injection pump giving out. Many after having a failure remove and just mix oil, this has also happened many times with outboards. Is it a good idea, I'll just say there is not many which will fault you for doing it. It will use a but more oil, but you generally won't have a failure due to lack of oil

funin the sun

Seaman
Thats what i was thinking. Ur statment make perfect sense and a i been worried about the oil pump going out and then the motor isnt getting oil. I know you have to get the blocking kit but other then installing the blocking kit and rubber cappings on the oil intake stems is there any other requirements on bypassing the oil pump.

alldodge

Staff member
Hope a Kaw expert comes along to help, I'm not one of those. I posted my own question on another issue and didn't get much help. No offence to iboats, but the experts for PWC are on Green Hulk forum. If someone doesn't come along to advise how to do it on your ski, I'll suggest posting on Green forum as I did

funin the sun

Seaman
I done some research. Tell me if this makes sense. I found the block off kit on ebay. So after installing the block off kit. Put the rubber caps on all th oil intake stems then to get the low oil light off on the dash u put a rubber cap on the bottom of oil tank to stop th oil from coming out and put alittle oil in the tank and that will keep the light on dash off

alldodge

Staff member
It sounds like it will work, but I do not know Kaw's. This method has similarities to outboards and it has worked for them. Wish I could offer a more positive note

thumpar

Admiral
On my 750xi I put the plate on and removed the tank all together.