2001 Polaris Flywheel cover

greg7778

Recruit
I have to replace hopefully just the water jacket cover on my TXI. Question is, can this be done WITHOUT pulling the motor? It looks like the bolts will be very hard to get to. Plus with the oil pump mounted on it there just isn't much room between the fuel tank and the bolts. Please tell me there is some tricks on changing that gasket without pull that motor? Also do I need to crack the flywheel cover, since the bolts hold both covers on? The ski was shutting off on its own. Would start right back up, go a hundred yards and shut off again. I was on my other ski and noticed that the bilge was working way more than usual. Took it to the dock, pulled the seat and saw water flowing out from the left side of the front crankcase cover. Which I know now is the water jacket cover. However, why would the ski just be shutting off? Wouldn't think that the water problem would be causing it. Unless my flywheel cover is cracked also and the stator is getting wet? Any ideas please share them with me. Thanks a lot

Greg