KAWASAKI JETSKI 1989 650 TS IMPELLER SHAFT

SKADGAGE

Recruit
MY JET SKI MOTOR RUNS GREAT SEEMS FULL OF POWER i LOOKED AT THE SHAFT AND I THINK THE SPLINES ARE OK AND THE IMPELLER LOOKS OK AS WELL . WHEN I DRIVE IT ,IT WILL ONLY GO ABOUT 10 MPH IT ACTS LIKE THE SHAFT IS SLIPPING . TO REMOVE THE SHAFT DO I HAVE TO REMOVE THE MOTOR. WHAT ELSE COULD IT BE ?

Last edited:

Jeff Walkowiak

Lieutenant Commander
what is the clearance between the edge of the impellor and the pump liner? also if a driveshaft is stripped my experience is that it won't run at all, it just sits in place

SKADGAGE

Recruit
the shaft when the impeller is off and pushed back into the notor side doesn't rotate and is tight , there is very little clearence between the walls almost scrapes, no wobble.. I have attached pictures of the spline. if i go slow i can move about 5 mph and whne i juice it it grabs for a second like it wants to go and then just acts like its slipping. does the motor have to be removed to replace the shaft?

Attachments

• IMG_1107.JPG
    IMG_1107.JPG
    107.5 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1103.JPG
    IMG_1103.JPG
    70.5 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1119.JPG
    IMG_1119.JPG
    133.6 KB · Views: 0

SKADGAGE

Recruit
could the coupler be bad that connects to the motor from the drive shaft should i pull that out . also the vane guide has deteriotated where it meets on the bottom . there is a 1/4 inch gap. but i think thats where the water is feeding so it wouldn't matter or would it?

SKADGAGE

Recruit
on the drive shaft there is the part that meets the coupler at the motor does that unscrew ?

SflSurfRider

Recruit
Sounds like your pump isn't siliconed to the hull properly. The slightest gap will cause mad cavitation.