Free 1996 Sea Doo GTX that had a salt water bath

pantaloonz

Petty Officer 1st Class
Hi Gang,

Friend and colleague of mine has a 1996 Seadoo GTX... I see a lot of "BOMBADIER" logo written on it. but there is a big problem.

Around 2005, someone didn't put the drain plugs in and put it in salt water off their dock. 40 Minutes later seeing the trouble it was removed and drained.

Word is it never started again, though it was also just left and forgotton after it dried.

he was kind enough to take pictures, and someone tinkered around a little bit.. there is some corrosion going on and of course gaskets and metal fittins are not happy.

The million dollar question, without me uploading a bunch of pics..

Assuming the engine compartment was 3/4 full of salt water, drained and been sitting for yes .. 10 yrs. Is this a complete lost cause?
Is there a part, component that could not recover from this. I have no problems putting in the labor.. but I'm not interested in spending a lot of cash on parts.

He's giving it to me free of charge, (double ski load rite trailer) .. I have plans for the trailer but asking the pros here what they think of this scenario.

Any thoughts and advice are welcome!.ok ok.. Three pics.
IMG950583.jpg IMG950607.jpg IMG950608.jpg

Jeff Walkowiak

Lieutenant Commander
Sell it for the hull, parts and title do not do any work on it it's toast.

Brian 26

Chief Petty Officer
Yes it is a total loss, every part under inside there is probably shot. When engines ingest water they need to get cleaned out and ran the same day. 10 years in salt......yikes

The trailer is probably worth money so he's basically paying you to haul away the dead ski which seems fair to me.