1994 sport jet 90 reverse jet...

steve242002

Cadet
Hi guys, i have just revived a 1994 Bayliner reflexx. I took it out today to start the break in process and the first problem i found was no reverse. The diverter plate is working correctly and set accordingly. The only thing i can see is this section missing from the jet port. All of my illustrations show a continous round circle but as you can see is not. The section thats missing looks to be factory based on the powder coating but i still have no reverse and in the reverse position the water is going to be diverted down, not back. Am i missing something here? ??

Attachments

• photo227113.jpg
    photo227113.jpg
    336.5 KB · Views: 0

Jeff Walkowiak

Lieutenant Commander
That is the correct nozzle with the bottom cut from the factory to hopefully improve reverse sadly it never worked vey well and those don't steer for crap in forward either even on a good day. Funny in 2001 I had one I hated it so I fixed it and once I did I loved it. because of it I I started cobra jet steering, building designing and patenting steering for jet boats.

steve242002

Cadet
I never even got to experience the steering problem in reverse. The boat simply won't go backwards. It just kicks up a bunch of debris and makes noise. Going forward wasn't too bad, i mean i successfully navigated the lake. Only problem is no reverse.

Jeff Walkowiak

Lieutenant Commander
The reverse hood is probably not adjusted correctly your nozzle is the correct one so see if the reverse goes all the way down or stays in neutral