Baja 190 dsr porpoises

Davidpaul

Recruit
My baja is driving me crazy! I've put props from 19 to 23 pitch on it and it still porpoises. I can't even get the trim close to level without it porpoiseing.
I have the 4.3 lx 205 hp with the apha drive. Has anyone had these issues? If so, we're they able to correct the problem?

steelespike

Supreme Mariner
What year? Was the boat rebuilt? new floor etc. Smart tabs carefully applied might help.
Have you tried a good aggressive prop like a Turning Point Hustler?
Have you tried a search on the net?

Bondo

Staff member
Ayuh,..... Welcome Aboard,..... Crawl under the boat with a 4' straight edge, 'n check to see if the 4' ahead of the transom is true, 'n flat, forward along the keel line,....

Davidpaul

Recruit
Ayuh,..... Welcome Aboard,..... Crawl under the boat with a 4' straight edge, 'n check to see if the 4' ahead of the transom is true, 'n flat, forward along the keel line,....
Yea it's not true and flat... Not sure what that means tho?

steelespike

Supreme Mariner
Usually if the bottom bulges or has too much rocker in the area ahead of the transom it could cause porpoising.
Have you done a search on the net regarding Baha porpoising? There may even be a Baha site.
Just did a search" Baha boat forum" several came up I would say that's the place to go to find out if there is a sensitivity
to porpoising and a possible solution.
Please let us all know what you find.

Last edited: