How to shop for a prop on this site??

ondarvr

Supreme Mariner
When I try to look for a prop all I can do is bring up the Solas advertisement, nothing more, no way to actually look up the correct prop.

Doing this from an iPad, so that could be the problem.

steelespike

Supreme Mariner
Solas sponsors the prop forum.
Do you have the prop size info Usually found under the prop nut?
At the top of the prop forum hover over boat parts and accessories click on propellers.
If you get us your boat info, motor info, and prop size and your wot rpm and gps speed we can help you get setup.

ondarvr

Supreme Mariner
2000 8hp merc 2 stroke, need a four blade high thrust prop. It's not stock so there are no numbers to look up.

Also, a new user was looking for a high thrust prop for his 2002 4hp 4stroke Merc. He needed to know if a specific part # Tohatsu prop would fit.

I used to be able to type in that info and the selection of props that fit that motor would pop up. That doesn't appear to be the case now.

steelespike

Supreme Mariner
Solas 4 bld. 10 X 7 1113-100-07 8 spline $80. Found 6 props 3, 3 blade,2 4 bld, and a stainless.
Starting from the "boat parts and accessories" at the top of the forum.
Hover over the tab till it drops down click on props.
I was able to find that certain years 4 hp Merc 4 st and Tohatsu 4 hp 4st. seem to share props.
It appears the 8 3/8 X 6 No success with a brief search.

Last edited:

ondarvr

Supreme Mariner
Thanks, it must not work from my iPad, all I get is a list of props, no identifying information as to what they may fit.

toneeees

Administrator
When I try to look for a prop all I can do is bring up the Solas advertisement, nothing more, no way to actually look up the correct prop.

Doing this from an iPad, so that could be the problem.

Hi ondarvr,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

I have notified our programmers and they will work on a solution for this. For the time being, you should be able to access the propeller section from the Boat Parts and Accessories drop down. Let me know if you continue to have issues.

ondarvr

Supreme Mariner
Still a bit confused. I did all that the first 25 times I tried to look up the correct prop, I touch on propellers and I get to the Solas page and from there I can only get a list of every prop made by Solas, no menu to show what actually fits the motor I'm looking up. It could be that I'm doing it from my iPad, I've always used my laptop before.

ondarvr

Supreme Mariner
It appears to be fixed, it works from my iPad now.

Thanks