Michigan Wheel Vortex or Quicksilver or Hustler Prop?

lakenormangal

Seaman
Ordering a new prop for the little Sunbird I have, 18 ft, 4.3 V6, Cobra outdrive. I hit rock yesterday and its time for a new prop. 14 1/4 dia and 21 pitch. I want to keep a good cruising speed, so I'm staying with the 21 pitch. I might get a 19 later if I start pulling tubes or wakeboards a bunch.
Looking at Michigan Wheel Vortex, Quicksilver Black Diamond ( Merc aftermarket brand) and Hustler. I'm thinking the Michigan Wheel is the way to go.
Thoughts?

SkiDad

Lieutenant Commander
in the hustler you would need 19 pitch to equal your normal 21 pitch - they are aggressive. If you liked your last prop why not get the same ? Of the 3 i think the Black Diamond would be the most predictable.

lakenormangal

Seaman
in the hustler you would need 19 pitch to equal your normal 21 pitch - they are aggressive. If you liked your last prop why not get the same ? Of the 3 i think the Black Diamond would be the most predictable.

I think i'm going to go with the Black Diamond. I'm still pretty new to boating. So I have lots of questions and whatnot. I'm going to stick with the current set up. The boat cruises pretty good. I'd like to get more top end speed out of it though. But I don't want to stress the motor too much. I'm sticking with an aluminum prop due to the fact that if I had been running s stainless prop yesterday I'd probably be replacing more than just the prop. Lake Norman has lots of low areas that come up quick, even when using the depth finder.

steelespike

Supreme Mariner
Did the motor make about 4600 at wot(wide open throttle) lightly loaded?
For health and performance the motor needs to be able to operate within its wot rpm rating.
Once that is established you can operate at what ever throttle you prefer.