Getting on plane

Ugotme

Recruit
I have a Johnson GT150 VRO V6 after starting motor no matter how slow or fast I press my hot foot the boat will not come up on plane but if I have someone sit all the way up on the front it will eventually plain and then run awesome but if I slow down and it loses plain I have to go through the whole routine again. Any help out there I haven't done anything yet I don't want to jump in on something that I don't know much about. I would like to get some input first. I do have a hi jacker plate and it is set with the motor at lowest point.

Sea Rider

Supreme Mariner
Welcome to Iboats,

Which is the max HP transom rated for that boat ? Probably underpowered, bady trimmed and propped. Does the engine achieves full wot rpm which is ? while lightly loaded ?

Happy Boating

steelespike

Supreme Mariner
Welcome,
​Do you trim down for hole shot?We need to know your prop size, lightly loaded wot rpm and gps speed.
Need to know more about your boat.

Texasmark

Supreme Mariner
How about a couple of pics of the boat with your answers to the above questions. Then we will walk you through where to start looking for your answers; boat problem, operator problem, engine problem....fuel or spark.......prop problem.