omc sterndrive prop help (noob help)

jc8206

Recruit
A buddy of mine gave me his dads old 1974 larson shark that had been sitting in his barn the past ten years, long story short I have the prop, its not installed and I have no hardware to install it. Can anyone point me in the right direction on where to find what parts I need to install it? I can provide pictures or additional info if needed, just dont know where to begin.

steelespike

Supreme Mariner
We will need the details for the motor /drive ,displacement? hp? Is it an adapted outboard power head?
Pictures would be great.

jc8206

Recruit
not sure where to find the info you need, sorry for the noobness, i do know its an omc 140hp stern drive and for some reason I'm unable to upload pictures

southkogs

Staff member
Welcome aboard jc:

'74 is an electric shift OMC Stringer. Does she run?

Here are the pieces you need:
OMC Prop.jpg

72 - 0310594 THRUST WASHER - will go on first

Then put the prop on.

74 - 0310956 DRIVE PIN - will go next. (You'll have a matching hole through the prop and the shaft.
75 - 0379798 PROPELLER NUT - will go on next.
73 - 0310595 COTTER PIN - will hold the prop nut on the shaft keeping everything else in place.

All are available HERE.

jc8206

Recruit
Welcome aboard jc:

'74 is an electric shift OMC Stringer. Does she run?

Here are the pieces you need:

72 - 0310594 THRUST WASHER - will go on first

Then put the prop on.

74 - 0310956 DRIVE PIN - will go next. (You'll have a matching hole through the prop and the shaft.
75 - 0379798 PROPELLER NUT - will go on next.
73 - 0310595 COTTER PIN - will hold the prop nut on the shaft keeping everything else in place.

All are available HERE.

Exactly what I need!! Thank you so much! She runs like a champ, but doesn't go anywhere, haha I had her in the water yesterday to test for leaks and all went well. One more question. How do I find the model so I can purchase the parts through your link?

Last edited:

southkogs

Staff member
You can see mine in this photo:

In my boat it's port side toward the rear of the engine.

I think though, if you look through most of the '74 drives part numbers are the same. Double check that, but I think even if you don't find your model number you can order the parts. I've heard the Sierra replacements don't work, but I don't have that confirmed.