2003 Volvo Penta sx outdrive Problems ! Help can't find right thrust washer !

Heywire77

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Ok I purchased a used boat a 2003 Crownline 180 with the Volvo 4.3 and sx outdrive the prop was missing so I ordered a prop and new washer bolt and thrust washer part number 18-4223 that is the Sierra part number anyway the thrust washer wouldn't go all the way on the shaft maybe half way on it was to small but that was the only part number I could find , someone told me some of them don't have thrust washers , I noticed the prop also wouldn't go all the way on the shaft to the very back of housing am I missing something here ? It is a single prop shaft not the duo prop and the new prop I bought is a 3 blade aluminum prop . Any help would be great . Thanks

Heywire77

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Thanks for the help ! I found the part pulled one off and old OMC outdrive because the part number they give you online is wrong !

steelespike

Supreme Mariner
Keep in mind that we are merely fellow boaters trying to help one another. I've been all over the forums here and the Volvo is still pretty much a mystery to me.
There are a few guys here that are up on the Volvo,unfortunately they probably weren't around.
No one responded to your request because they had nothing constructive to add.
I've seen complete information within minutes on a 100 year old Evinrude motor including what parts may have been substituted from different motors.
Don't give up on us there rare many many years of knowledge and experience here.

Heywire77

Petty Officer 2nd Class
It's no problem , I had seen afew different post on the problem but they didn't help and the part number that came up with at the parts place gave me the wrong part to small lucky I found someone that had a lot of used parts and he had an old OMC that had it on it .