Mercury Prop and Flo-Torq II hub assembly fitment guide

bighermHK45

Petty Officer 3rd Class
I was sold an older Mercury Prop (3 Blade Aluminum Prop Propeller 14x13P 48-77340A40) that came with a Flo-Torq II hub assembly. Upon looking at the prop the rear of the prop has a solid cast backing and the drive sleeve looks pressed into place. So, I assume I can't use the Flo-Torq II hub assembly or can I press out the drive sleeve and install Flo-Torq in from the front?

bighermHK45

Petty Officer 3rd Class
That a rubber hub prop so you cannot use the TF hub....

I see. I hate people that misrepresent their sales. But I digress, is there any issues with the rubber hub props? Will it offer the same amount of protection as the Flo-Torq? If not, I guess I can keep it as a spare.

Bondo

Staff member
I see. I hate people that misrepresent their sales. But I digress, is there any issues with the rubber hub props? Will it offer the same amount of protection as the Flo-Torq? If not, I guess I can keep it as a spare.

Ayuh,... They work just Fine,...... It's what they all were up till the new ones came out a few years ago,....

Frank Acampora

Supreme Mariner
The pressed-in rubber hub may actually offer MORE protection than the Flo-Torque hub. Pressed-in rubber hubs were, as Bondo said, the only way props were made until a couple of years ago. The advantage of separate hubs is: If the prop is destroyed, all you need to do is buy a new prop--if the hub is still good. And the hubs cost around 35-40 bucks. So use the prop and save the hub in case you later buy that style prop.

bighermHK45

Petty Officer 3rd Class
The pressed-in rubber hub may actually offer MORE protection than the Flo-Torque hub. Pressed-in rubber hubs were, as Bondo said, the only way props were made until a couple of years ago. The advantage of separate hubs is: If the prop is destroyed, all you need to do is buy a new prop--if the hub is still good. And the hubs cost around 35-40 bucks. So use the prop and save the hub in case you later buy that style prop.

Got it. Thanks for the explanation, it is appreciated.