1990 Rinker Captiva 186

bkfireman07

Recruit
Just wondering what everyone is running for prop size or what everyone would suggest for running a prop on a 1990 Rinker Captiva 186. Most of the time the boat runs up and down the Illinois river between Morris IL and Marseilles IL. Thanks

alldodge

Staff member
Just wondering what everyone is running for prop size or what everyone would suggest for running a prop on a 1990 Rinker Captiva 186. Most of the time the boat runs up and down the Illinois river between Morris IL and Marseilles IL. Thanks

:welcome: to iboats

Props are a complex question and determining what is right for your way to boat may not be the same for others. It depends on how you boat, what you want to achieve that your not getting now. To start with we would need to know what is your WOT rpm, speed measured by GPS, then also what is it that you would like to change.

Top end, hole shot, skiing, etc

bkfireman07

Recruit
Ok, thanks. I just want to get a all around good prop for the boat. I guess i'll have to play more with it this spring when i can finally get back on the river. Thanks

dazk14

Ensign
If you are looking for a ballpark...we'll at least need to know what engine/brand size/HP you have.