new boat to me? I have a 2002 javelin 180 with a 2002 yamaha 115. props?

duff

Petty Officer 2nd Class
First thank you in advance for all advice and direction.

The boat came with a slightly dinged prop it MIGHT be bent i am not 100% sure on that.

the prop has no visible markings so what size prop should I get looking for good hole shot and maximum top speed.

I am open to both SS and aluminum (prefer SS as primary and keeping Aluminum as a spare)

thank you again for taking the time to help out.

duff

SkiDad

Lieutenant Commander
somtimes the prop markings are on the rear of the prop and you have to take the prop off to see it... or it could be under the washer in front of the prop.

check out this link as it will help the guys on here give you good info: http://forums.iboats.com/forum/gene...p-questions-and-topics/295058-read-this-first

if you are unable to get any numbers off the prop you could take it to a marina and set it next to some other 17 or 19 pitch props to see what it really is.... my guess is that it will be one of those.

steelespike

Supreme Mariner
Many times the numbers appear under the prop nut.Some may know what a Jevelin 180 is, I don't
Is it a big deep family boat or a speedy hull.Is the motor a 2 stroke or 4 stroke?
If you can find the prop size and get us your lightly loaded wot rpm and gps speed it will help tell if your setup is working.

duff

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Thank you for the replies, the boat is a bass boat. 17 6 in length WOT should be around 5500. it is a 2 stroke. I will get some more info once I have everything installed and can get on the water. this is a slight project and the prop is one of the next and last parts to finish.

Texasmark

Supreme Mariner
A prop shop can measure your existing prop and tell you about it's characteristics.

Silvertip

Supreme Mariner
Duff -- you were asked for the "observed" WOT speed and RPM. Not what it "should be". Observed means what does the tach and speedo indicate with what you consider an average load. Those numbers are need to make a reasonably accurate recommendation.