Ideal prop for 7.4 bravo 1

ccarrel09

Cadet
Looking for suggestions on my 454 powerquest 22 ft bravo 1. Currently has a stainless 3 blade, but runs 3500-4000 rpm on plane 30-35 mph. Don't think tach is real accurate though because can rev to 5500-6000 if I wanted too, but I don't. Would like something a little more fuel efficient and mostly use boat to tube/ski. I do have Bennet tabs to help level/plane. Btw this is Lake Erie and can get shallow in my channel, and has some sand bars to watch out for

alldodge

Staff member
Looking for suggestions on my 454 powerquest 22 ft bravo 1. Currently has a stainless 3 blade, but runs 3500-4000 rpm on plane 30-35 mph. Don't think tach is real accurate though because can rev to 5500-6000 if I wanted too, but I don't. Would like something a little more fuel efficient and mostly use boat to tube/ski. I do have Bennet tabs to help level/plane. Btw this is Lake Erie and can get shallow in my channel, and has some sand bars to watch out for

Needs to be in the prop section, they are much better at it then here. You need a prop which allows your engine to get close to max rpm for best performance and economy. Your WOT should be closer to 4800 rpm and what ever pitch you have now?

Last edited:

HT32BSX115

Supreme Mariner
Don't think tach is real accurate

You need a prop which allows your engine to get close to max rpm for best performance and economy. Your WOT should be closer to 4800 rpm and what ever pitch you have now?

Howdy, Yes. You must know what your current prop is............AND, you CANNOT make any sort of prop determination until you have an accurate tach and accurate speed measurement.

Regards,

Rick