Which SS Prop???????

WIMUSKY

Staff member
Once I get the 15P I wont hesitate to start tweaking whatever needs to be adjusted since that SS is what I'll have to stick with..... Wont have to worry about a ding or scratch. Raising the motor would be high on the list. I appreciate all the ideas fellas......Thanks......

Last edited:

WIMUSKY

Staff member
Well using your number's your alum had 7% slip the SS did 6% if your numbers are accurate its not going to get much better than that regardless of prop material.

If I calculated right I was getting 15% slip with the AL(17/2.42/5300/30) and 6% with the SS like you said(17/2.42/4800/30). At least on that day with a chop and not glass.

WIMUSKY

Staff member
Well, the prop is on it's way to Florida. Sounds like it will go in the exchange stock. So, I'll be getting a prop that someone else exchanged too. Better look just as new as my exchange.......;) I'll post up results from the 15p when I get a chance....... I'm hoping for the best, but not holding my breath......:lol:

Tail_Gunner

Admiral
So post your actual performance result's from the ss and the alum. As to your cav plate height that too would be good info. My I/0's cav plates sit 1.5 inches above the keel and they do run deep. I only wish a motor lift was possible....Arnseon drive's are only about 10 grand.

walleyehed

Admiral
Wish I would have caught this post earlier....A 17P TP turns "almost" the same numbers of a 19P alum...
If it were me (it's not) I would've sent you hard on the 15P stiletto and worked the height. (from iboats). Otherwise I would go with a Turbo1 in a 15P and raise at least 2 holes. 15P Turbo1 runs out similar to a 17.5-18P alum but we could've gained back a few hundred R's with height.
Sounds like you're working in the right direction though. TP's pull very hard and do best at max height. Good luck!

WIMUSKY

Staff member
So post your actual performance result's from the ss and the alum. As to your cav plate height that too would be good info. My I/0's cav plates sit 1.5 inches above the keel and they do run deep. I only wish a motor lift was possible....Arnseon drive's are only about 10 grand.

The numbers I posted earlier on the AL and 17p SS were actual. Haven't received the replacement. Will post those results too. Cav plate is 3/4" - 1" above the keel. Even where it welds to the hull.

Wish I would have caught this post earlier....A 17P TP turns "almost" the same numbers of a 19P alum...
If it were me (it's not) I would've sent you hard on the 15P stiletto and worked the height. (from iboats). Otherwise I would go with a Turbo1 in a 15P and raise at least 2 holes. 15P Turbo1 runs out similar to a 17.5-18P alum but we could've gained back a few hundred R's with height.
Sounds like you're working in the right direction though. TP's pull very hard and do best at max height. Good luck!

Just saw these posts today. Been spending the last couple of months putting out fires and not involved in many threads.

I too wish we hooked up earlier. I do appreciate the advice. Since I have to work with the TP prop at the moment, hopefully making a few tweaks here and there will get the results I'm after. I'm just glad they let consumers exchange them for a different pitch.

It makes sense now that I lost 500rpms. Sure didn't at the time. Since I basically went up 2" in pitch, unknowingly, there's 400rpms and it's my understanding going to an SS you lose another 100. That makes up the 500rpms. So going to a 15P TP should replicate my 17" AL? Or thereabouts?

I'll see how it responds and raise the motor if need be. If it just wont work I'll probably have to sell and try one of your recommendations.

Thanks again......

Edit: Just tracked my prop. TP just received it today. Took 8 days...... Went from Des Moines IA to Jacksonville FL. to Atlantic Beach FL and back to Jacksonville to TP........:facepalm:

Last edited:

WIMUSKY

Staff member
Well, my exchanged TP 15p arrived yesterday. My gut feel is, I'm going to still have to raise the motor. Going to try and test it within a week...... Going to leave the motor as is so I can compare apples to apples. Will post results just in case it helps someone else.....

jester31

Banned
Hi Wimusky, long time lurker here. Did you ever try that 15" pitch prop, and, or, get it to work? Just curious for future reference.

HT32BSX115

Supreme Mariner
Howdy,

I would still suggest a 4-blade pitched to give you near max RPM at WOT. (an extra blade in the water might require a "16" like you thought)

More blades almost always result in a better holeshot!

Cheers,

Rick
bravoIIIa.gif

WIMUSKY

Staff member
Hi Wimusky, long time lurker here. Did you ever try that 15" pitch prop, and, or, get it to work? Just curious for future reference.

Howdy,

I would still suggest a 4-blade pitched to give you near max RPM at WOT. (an extra blade in the water might require a "16" like you thought)

More blades almost always result in a better holeshot!

Cheers,

Rick
bravoIIIa.gif

Hey guys. Just saw your responses. Been laid up with a bulging disk in my neck that has played havoc with a nerve and my left arm. Been on the down low for a month.

I have not tried the 15" as of yet. Hopefully, with some good results here shortly, I still hope to get on the water before it get's hard and run a test. Haven't ruled out a 4 blade.

Thanks for checkin' jester and Rick.

Musky

jester31

Banned
Well, So sorry you're hurtin! I was wondering why we haven't heard much from you? Do what you gotta do to get better, take it easy we'll wait. Hopefully you'll get better soon, and be able to get some more boating in this season. ;)

WIMUSKY

Staff member
Thanks jester. I hope to know more tomorrow. I "really" want to get in the boat, work too.......