SS Prop for 75hp E-Tech on 176 XT?

M3AN Bass

Recruit
When at WOT on smooth water my RPMs are only 4500-4900. I know it should be around 5200. What should I do to get it up to the right revs?

Some things to consider:
-The boat gets on plane pretty well.
-Top speed reads about 40, which sounds right.
-The motor is currently running a three blade aluminum 13.2 x 19P prop.

I'd like to get my revs to the suggested RPMs at WOT and I'd like to upgrade to a SS prop. What should I do, where do I start???

Thanks for any input or advice.

jestor68

Commander
Re: SS Prop for 75hp E-Tech on 176 XT?

I'm assuming that you're talking about a Stratos boat.

I'm going to suggest that you visit the Evinrude web site and view their performance reports of the 75 e tec. Their are a bunch of performance reports there.

There should be something there similar to your boat.

Based simply on your reported performance, it appears that you need to drop down 2" in pitch to a 17 pitch Viper if you're interested in a SS prop for your Evinrude.

Your recommended rpm range is 4500-5500. Hp is rated at 5000. The 17 Viper should run at about 5200 rpm.

As an aside, you should always mention what BRAND of prop you're referring to, as all props aren't created equal.

A whatever pitch Michigan aluminum prop won't run at the same rpm as a Solas or TP aluminum prop, for example.

Last edited:

Sea Rider

Supreme Mariner
Re: SS Prop for 75hp E-Tech on 176 XT?

Welcome to Iboats,

You state that on flat calm waters engine is revving at 4500-4900, why is there a 400 rpm difference ? At wot your rpm should be constant. At wot my engine runs at a constant 5790 out of it's max 5800 factory stated wot parameters with 1 man up and lightly loaded boat. Where you alone with lightly load boat when wot tested ?

Happy Boating

Last edited: