1967 4hp sears prop repair

minnguy32

Cadet
I have a 1967 4hp sears outboard...it has a 2 blade prop that got ran over by a car and broke one of the blades off...i think its an aluminum blade but im not sure....can a blade be welded back on or should i just buy a new prop? they are expensive and hard to find props...any advise is really appreciated...thanks alot

alldodge

Staff member
Re: 1967 4hp sears prop repair

I have a 1967 4hp sears outboard...it has a 2 blade prop that got ran over by a car and broke one of the blades off...i think its an aluminum blade but im not sure....can a blade be welded back on or should i just buy a new prop? they are expensive and hard to find props...any advise is really appreciated...thanks alot

Looks like your motor was made by Clinton using a Prefix of 582 and under the name of Sears of Canada
Also found this link which may help
discount marine parts outboard and inboard

If the prop is aluminum it can be repaired by most any prop shop. The above place indicates on their website, that if the website is mentioned they give a discount

Frank Acampora

Supreme Mariner
Re: 1967 4hp sears prop repair

Usually a blade can be welded back. However, with a small prop like this it simply would not be cost effective unless you are doing it yourself. Additionally, I have tried to have a small prop repaired and unfortunately, the heat of welding not only ruined the rubber hub, but kept breaking the blade--there simply was not enough metal there to absorb. Again, a really skilled welder could probably do it but it will cost more than a new prop.

There is always craigslist and ebay.