Need a good prop guy for a raker

keefallan

Petty Officer 1st Class
I have a couple of props that need to get reworked. They need more cupping in them. I need more lift for my bass boat. I don't have any good ones down here in Maryland. Is there a good prop guy for these? Besides, One of them needs to get balanced. When I obtained it, it had some good dings in it. I straightened it and filed the edges but..........it should be re-balanced.

dan02gt

Chief Petty Officer
Re: Need a good prop guy for a raker

I have a couple of props that need to get reworked. They need more cupping in them. I need more lift for my bass boat. I don't have any good ones down here in Maryland. Is there a good prop guy for these? Besides, One of them needs to get balanced. When I obtained it, it had some good dings in it. I straightened it and filed the edges but..........it should be re-balanced.

I would recommend Mark @ Mark's High Performance Props: Mark's High Performance Propellers, Inc.

He's does the prop work for all the guys as bass boat central so he'll know how to make that raker run right on your hull. I've had 3 props done by him and have been happy with the results.

keefallan

Petty Officer 1st Class

I appreciate it. I checked out his website. I will be contacting him real soon. Thank you much

Last edited:

Frank Acampora

Supreme Mariner

What? Anchor marine does not do good enough work?

keefallan

Petty Officer 1st Class

Never heard of Anchor marine. Where are they? Who are they? seriously.................

Frank Acampora

Supreme Mariner

As I remember, they are a marina/repair shop/Prop shop in Maryland--I forget exactly where, but about midway down the Chesapeake. I may also have the name slightly wrong. Supposedly they have a good reputation. I can't say personally because I have never used them. I think they advertise in The Boat Shopper and Salty Dog. If I come across them, I will repost or send you a PM.

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member

General Propeller down here in Bradenton FL, or Green Bay Propeller service in Suamico Wisconsin both do a lot of mail order business.

keefallan

Petty Officer 1st Class

Thanks guys and thanks Frank for giving me more details. I look forward to hearing from you. The reason why I ask is because you slap down a decent amount of cash to get your prop tuned. You just want to get what you pay for. My bad experience with a machine shop down here in southern md is enough to make me ask around for EVERY marine service I need that I can't do myself!!!:eek: I've come to understand that most people don't look at it as if it's their own equipment and they don't do their best for it. Word of mouth is the only way to go anymore!!!

Frank Acampora

Supreme Mariner

I hear you! I sent out a stainless prop to a shop in Harrisburg Pa and all they did for my 90 bucks was grind down the leading edge, changing the profile and reducing the area. I could have done that myself. I wanted some chips filled with weld. So since most of the marinas in my area send out props to this shop, I simply don't use them. Unfortunately, the really good prop guy (Skips) in Reading went out of business a few years ago.

Sorry! Atlantic propeller is in Edison N.J. I never used them so I can't attest to the quality of their work. According to their ad, they do everything. At any rate, a Phone call or email couldn't hurt and you should be able to glean some info. 732-777-0912

Last edited:

keefallan

Petty Officer 1st Class

Frank, thank you for the info. I will look into it when I get a chance!!

Keith