ventilation question

mik00052

Recruit
Hi,
I bought a 1988 searay seville sr200, 4.3l v6, Alpha 1. Previous owner fitted it with a 13.75 inch diameter, 21 inch pitch prop. I'm having a problem with ventilation on turns while pulling a skier, and on sharp turns pulling a tube. Do any of you prop experts have advice on where to go from here? Diameter up/down, or pitch up/down, or is there another way to solve the problem?

THanks

steelespike

Supreme Mariner
Re: ventilation question

It would help if you could answer Qs in the stickys at the top of the prop forum.
Its not unusual to have to trim down for turns especially hard turns.
A prop with more cup might help,a 4 blade could help also.
The performance numbers will help decide what is likely to help best

Bondo

Staff member
Re: ventilation question

Hi,
I bought a 1988 searay seville sr200, 4.3l v6, Alpha 1. Previous owner fitted it with a 13.75 inch diameter, 21 inch pitch prop. I'm having a problem with ventilation on turns while pulling a skier, and on sharp turns pulling a tube. Do any of you prop experts have advice on where to go from here? Diameter up/down, or pitch up/down, or is there another way to solve the problem?

THanks

Ayuh,.... Is the diameter of the prop's barrel, equal to the diameter of the gear case,....

I ask, because a mid-sized gear case outboard prop will fit on an outdrive, but ventilates Badly,....
'n the 13, 3/4" is 'bout what it would be, over-all diameter...