Volvo Penta 120 HP - AQ120B - Prop diameter/pitch???

kzink

Recruit
Help please,

I have a 1979 120 HP Volvo Penta (AQ120B engine, 270 sterndrive) on a 19ft Reinell Bowrider. Its a right rotation, long hub and I currently have a 3 blade, 14" diameter, 21 pitch prop on it with 17 spline. I am having a very difficult time finding a replacement. Does anyone have any suggestions on what brand prop works with this set up? The 17 tooth spline seems to be the issue here.

am_dew

Chief Petty Officer
Re: Volvo Penta 120 HP - AQ120B - Prop diameter/pitch???

It's getting harder to find props for the older V/P outdrives, but they are still out there, you just have to search for them a bit. I have had pretty good luck on eBay finding good condition used props for my 270, but there are also sources out there for new props. I think I have seen them for sale on iBoats as well as other places. Here is one on iBoats:

http://boatpropellers.iboats.com/Vo...143-21_Propeller/562/12177/?*******=926158269

kzink

Recruit

Thank You for this info!! I've checked ebay and there are a few but they don't list the specifics on some of them - waiting for sellers to answer some questions.

am_dew

Chief Petty Officer

Also, what I did was determine the OEM part number of my original prop and then use that as a reference for searching the web for a suitable replacement. The OEM part number will be stamped on the hub or if you know it's a Volvo 14x21 RH 3 blade long hub aluminum prop, then that part number should be pretty easy to come up with. I just did a quick search on eBay using 'Volvo 14 x 21" -- I only saw props for an SX drive, which will not work on the 270. Good luck.