Suzuki DF 90 prop switch from 17" to 19"

petriw

Seaman Apprentice
I wasn't sure where to put this. Hope this is the right place. I had been having all sorts of problems with my 17' Doral Sunquest C/W Suzuki DF 90. Specifically planning problems and trim issues. I could get the boat to plane but only with a lot of the hull in the water and most trim down. Still managed 38-42 mph but it was a handful due to significant torque steer. Subsequently trim tab was adjusted and the motor was dropped a notch.

Following that the steering torque decreased and disappeared completely with trim up at wot, however boat porpoised and acav plate was almost out of the water.

The motor was dropped again and they switched the boat from a 17" to 19" prop. In my opinion this had little effect on the problem with no performance improvement. Torque steer is present and again and even when on plane is still significant. Hope somebody has some suggestions. If you sense I am getting frustrated you would be right. If I put this in the wrong place my apologies.

Wade

jestor68

Commander
Re: Suzuki DF 90 prop switch from 17" to 19"

Who is "they"? Putting hydraulic steering on the boat will forever get rid of torque steer issues.