2003 200 hp HDPI Yamaha outboards

jbrphil

Seaman Apprentice
Hi,

I brought 2004 Hydra Sports 2600 with twin 200 hp HDPI Yamaha outboards. I had it service checked and compression checked and everything by authorized Yamaha dealer, was told everything is perfect and have documents for it. Then two months after brought and using about five times, the motors could not go to 6000 rpm and it came up to 4500 at full speed. Sometimes it goes slow then fast then slow for a while then fast at the same RPM! So I decided to send it to the shop, was told both motors have never replaced high pressure fuel filters, cleaned Vapor Separator Tank and replaced all spark plugs. It goes 5700 rpm and fast!, smooth ride for 15 min to test. When we go on for deep sea fishing, we drove for about 15 miles without problems but not at full speed, at cruise speed then the problem came up again, it does fast and slow and fast but at the same rpm, when I got into the inlet to get into full speed, same old problems, it can go to 4700 rpm, not 5700. So I called the shop and said that is something else. I spent lot of money to fix and didnt do the job, have to return it to the shop to get fixed and cost me more money. Anyone, have the same problem? I have 200 gallon tank that have up to 10% ethanol but used Yamaha Fuel Stabilizer Plus and never leave less than full tank for storage. Any feedback will be appericate. Thanks!