1985 OMC 3.0L Prop torque specs needed

markvls

Recruit
I did my best here as a noob. Searched the parameters... page by page... Have engine manual. Have Repair manual. And did other online searches.... nowhere does it seemingly appear to have the torque specs for my new boat project propeller nut torque specifications. Argh!

I'm a sailor venturing into powerboating for the first time and would love to know how tight to torque my new replacement propeller nut. (Michigan 13 x 19)

1985 OMC 3.0L (Stringer 400)

Thanks so very much in advance!!

Mark
- if it ain't spinnin' right I ain't a goin' nowheres...

Bondo

Staff member
Re: 1985 OMC 3.0L Prop torque specs needed

I did my best here as a noob. Searched the parameters... page by page... Have engine manual. Have Repair manual. And did other online searches.... nowhere does it seemingly appear to have the torque specs for my new boat project propeller nut torque specifications. Argh!

I'm a sailor venturing into powerboating for the first time and would love to know how tight to torque my new replacement propeller nut. (Michigan 13 x 19)

1985 OMC 3.0L (Stringer 400)

Thanks so very much in advance!!

Mark
- if it ain't spinnin' right I ain't a goin' nowheres...

Ayuh,.... Welcome Aboard Mark,.... No need for a torque wrench,...

Just good, 'n snug,... 'bout 50ft.lbs. on the calibrated elbow....

markvls

Recruit

Ayuh,.... Welcome Aboard Mark,.... No need for a torque wrench,...

Just good, 'n snug,... 'bout 50ft.lbs. on the calibrated elbow....

Good n snug works for me - THANKS!!
I just hate doing things wrong before I get to enjoy doing it right out on the waves.

Thanks again :)

Mark

Texasmark

Supreme Mariner

My 90 is speck'd at 55 ft-lbs. That's not real tight but not loose either. You don't want it rattling and it won't come loose due to the way the nut and locking devices are designed.

Mark