trouble planing out on my 1994 yamaha 55 hp model number C55TLRS

themoodystwo

Cadet
I am a first time boat owner. 2 weeks ago I bought a 1994 glaastream bass boat with a 1994 yamaha 55 HP outboard. The engine idles great but I dont know if my motor is doing right. When I take off, if there is 2 people in the boat one of us has to move to the front for it to plane out. It has a 13 pitch propeller on it. When we launch off if I move the throttle all the way up the motor takes a few seconds to RPM up, It doesn't miss or anything it just rpm's low and then gradually raises in about 20 to 30 seconds. Sometimes even when someone is in the front for launch it still has low RPM and gradually raises and finally RPMS enough for it to plane..Hope you guys can point me in the right direction. If this is normal tho please let me know. Thanks
Do you guys know what the manufacture reccomendation is for a propeller for this motor, it has a 10 3-8-13G on it.
1994 yamaha 55 hp model C55TLRS

nikon

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: trouble planing out on my 1994 yamaha 55 hp model number C55TLRS

Are you achieving proper RPM on plane at WOT?

Is the motor trimmed all the way down when your trying to plane?

steelespike

Supreme Mariner

What size is the Glasstream? To do this right we will need the rpm and gps speed.A Tinytach can help with the rpm and will work on any motor. Some cells have a gps app.
The 13" prop is a couple of steps toward the high side.
Might be too much.
but we need some actual; numbers to tell better about a prop.
you might check that the throttle opens all the way.
Timing is set right and advancing as it should.

themoodystwo

Cadet

What size is the Glasstream? To do this right we will need the rpm and gps speed.A Tinytach can help with the rpm and will work on any motor. Some cells have a gps app.
The 13" prop is a couple of steps toward the high side.
Might be too much.
but we need some actual; numbers to tell better about a prop.
you might check that the throttle opens all the way.
Timing is set right and advancing as it should.

Thank you so much for your help. I will get what you ask for and go from there. themoodystwo