thinking about adding Solas Titan prop

I have a 1994 Mercury 90HP two stroke outboard on a 17ft seapro v-hull fiberglass and I might add a Solas Titan Propeller 3X13 1/4X19R Stainless Steel.

Do anyone have experiences with Solas brand props?

Should I got with the 19 pitch or go lower or higher?

1080tommy1

Seaman
Re: thinking about adding Solas Titan prop

I have just gone through repropping my boat and I think you will find that you need to record your wot rpms because this will determine if you can use a different pitch. Until you know what the wot rpm is, adding pitch or subtracting pitch could result in the addition of a prop that either under or over props your motor. It is particularly important that you do not over prop because that will cause the motor to lug and the prop will not be of use at all. Over propping probably not ideal either but at least you could act as your own rev limiter and use the prop.

I got a Tiny Tach and it took a few minutes to install and once you have the rpms at wot, the guys on this board will definitely set you straight on what the most appropriate prop for your application is. Also you may want to list is the boat is used for pulling and the weight of the setup because that will also factor into a prop setup. Good luck and I hope you find a good prop that works for you.

steelespike

Supreme Mariner

Tommy meant to say under prop isn't good as well but you couldd use the prop a just be aware of your rpm.
If you read "read this first" at the top of the main prop page,get us the info we can get you setup.

3dees

Cadet

I run a 13x19 Solas Titan HR 4 blade on mt Crestliner 19' bass boat with a 115 Opti and love it. I bought two and was cheaper than one Merc Trophy Plus.

3dees

Cadet

let me correct myself. my props are the Rubex. I think the only difference is it uses the Flow Torg hub and the Titan is a solid hub, tho I could be wrong.