Tempest Plus on Johnson Venom Question

Bigger Johnson

Recruit
I just purchased a Quicksilver Flo-Torq Hub Assembly Kit 835265Q02 to use on a 25p tempest plus prop on my 1996 200hp Johnson Venom...however after installing i have a gap between the prop and the lower unit housing. The raker i had on before fit down into the housing. I am not sure if this is normal or if i have installed something wrong. Any help is appreciated...the instructions weren't to clear.

it has this piece on it but it feels like it is attatched to the shaft permanantley...

12.jpg

Faztbullet

Supreme Mariner
Re: Tempest Plus on Johnson Venom Question

That the original thrust washer, just give it a sharp rap and it will pop loose, you must use the brass washer with the hub kit....

Bigger Johnson

Recruit

when you say a sharp rap ..would tapping it with a hammer work? it seems to be stuck and it turns with the shaft

ufm82

Master Chief Petty Officer

Yep, one or two sharp raps with a hammer will pop that old washer loose from the shaft. It's just stuck. It's on a tapered section of the shaft and it's pressed on when you tighten the prop nut. Just pop 'er loose and install the new prop. And I think you'll love the Tempest. I run one on my boat and it is the BEST prop for my boat, having tried numerous others. Good pick.