Blowout ring?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blowout ring?

Will adding a blowout ring/gasket improve or hinder a hole shot? I have a Trophy plus prop that I'm trying to tune to my boat for a better hole shot. It comes stock with the large VPS rings (not the blowout ring), I've trying pulling the rings and going with none and I've tried other combos. I seem to get the best initial results from using no VPS rings, but it blows out quickly after. I've read mixed reviews on adding the blowout ring.

I hope someone understands what I'm asking, I'm not positive I'm using the correct terminology.

Re: Blowout ring?

Pretty sure you're talking about PVS vent holes that have different plugs (one behind each blade). Also pretty sure you're refering to a exhaust block off ring which attaches to the forward end of the prop on a O/T prop so it does not vent at holeshot. Right?

Comment

Re: Blowout ring?

Originally posted by Dhadley View Post
      Pretty sure you're talking about PVS vent holes that have different plugs (one behind each blade). Also pretty sure you're refering to a exhaust block off ring which attaches to the forward end of the prop on a O/T prop so it does not vent at holeshot. Right?
      correct

Comment

Working...
      X