• If this is your first visit to the iboats.com Boating Forums, be sure to check out the FAQ. To post a question or comment, begin by signing up. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Blowout ring?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blowout ring?

Will adding a blowout ring/gasket improve or hinder a hole shot? I have a Trophy plus prop that I'm trying to tune to my boat for a better hole shot. It comes stock with the large VPS rings (not the blowout ring), I've trying pulling the rings and going with none and I've tried other combos. I seem to get the best initial results from using no VPS rings, but it blows out quickly after. I've read mixed reviews on adding the blowout ring.

I hope someone understands what I'm asking, I'm not positive I'm using the correct terminology.

Re: Blowout ring?

Pretty sure you're talking about PVS vent holes that have different plugs (one behind each blade). Also pretty sure you're refering to a exhaust block off ring which attaches to the forward end of the prop on a O/T prop so it does not vent at holeshot. Right?

Comment

Re: Blowout ring?

Originally posted by Dhadley View Post
      Pretty sure you're talking about PVS vent holes that have different plugs (one behind each blade). Also pretty sure you're refering to a exhaust block off ring which attaches to the forward end of the prop on a O/T prop so it does not vent at holeshot. Right?
      correct

Comment

Working...
      X