• If this is your first visit to the iboats.com Boating Forums, be sure to check out the FAQ. To post a question or comment, begin by signing up. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Right Prop for Yamaha 115 4 Stroke

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Right Prop for Yamaha 115 4 Stroke

I have a 2005 Sea Swirl 19.5 Ft. Boat with a Yamaha 115 4 Stroke on it. The boat is very slow planning out with 4 people and only tops out at 38 mph @ 4900 rpm. It does not throw a rooster tail but spays out the sides. What prop should I use for better planning and speed ?

Re: Right Prop for Yamaha 115 4 Stroke

We need to know what prop's on it now to help. This 18-1/2 ft is hitting 6000 RPM and 37 MPH with a 17P prop. You definitely need to get your max RPM up at least close to 6K with a drop in pitch. I doubt you'll get more top speed, but you'll sure improve holeshot and planing speed. A 115 seems a tad small for a 19-1/2 footer.
    Bryant 214 Limited/FI 5.7
    Ranger 1850VS/Yamaha F150

Comment

Motor is a little small.

Your tach can't be reading right.
      "Doris", 2007 Stanley Islander 19, Yamaha F150

Comment

Welcome,
        Considering the size of the boat your speed is pretty good.Is it by GPS?
        I to wonder about your tach/rpm and prop size.Size usually appears under the prop nut or on the barrel.

Comment

Working...
        X