• If this is your first visit to the iboats.com Boating Forums, be sure to check out the FAQ. To post a question or comment, begin by signing up. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

prop nut torque

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• prop nut torque

I was wondering how tight the prop nut should be on a pin driven prop. Just wondering as should it be snug or very tight.

Re: prop nut torque

Each manufacturer has different specs. We need make, model and year specs to help.
    Rick
    2008 JC Neptoon 25TT
    115hp Honda 4-stroke
    2007 Suburban LTZ
    Lake Murray, SC
    sigpic

Comment

its a Johnson 25r70 (1970 25 hp) to get the cotter pin in it can either be snug or I can turn it one more turn to get the pin in and thats about it.

Comment

What I do.

Finger tighten the prop nut and then tighten just enough to get the pin in.
        I have not lost one yet !!! (touch wood)
        sigpicMarada 2100 Executive Series, 5 Litre V8 with Mercruiser Alpha 1 outdrive. 2007 K-Z Spree 260 RBH, all = a whole lot of family fun !!!!

Comment

I just bought a turning post rascal and it recommends 30ft-lbs or refer to the engine manual(03 25hp mercury). Dont know if this helps but figured i'd throw it out there.

Comment

Gently like a spark plug...just tight enough to get the pin in.

Comment

Working...
            X