prop for 19.5 bowrider with 4.3 mercruiser mpi

lcbr

Recruit
Had a 3 blade 21 pitch stainless that would lag while pulling skier (275 lbs ). Bought a 4 blade 19 pitch stainless today. Will i get the desired hole shot with my 275 lb brother skiing?

Dandelion

Cadet
Re: prop for 19.5 bowrider with 4.3 mercruiser mpi

Should help. Your rpm's at WOT will increase slightly, your top speed may decrease somewhat, but your hole shot and mid-range performance should improve. I have a 20 foot boat with the 4.3 Merc, and switched from a 3 blade to a 4 blade prop with a 19" pitch and I'm satisfied.

lcbr

Recruit

Dandelion. Do you pull skiers or wakeboarders behind your boat? I have large people in my family. I hope the 4 blade 19 yanks them out of the water....

lcbr

Recruit

anybody got an opinion? i want to run this prop tomorrow. Does the 4 blade really make a difference? The prop is a power tech stainless

wca_tim

Lieutenant Commander

which props are we talkng about here. There's a whole lot more to it than pitch and number of blades....

Dandelion

Cadet

You've got the right idea for enhancing low end performance: 4 blades instead of 3, stainless steel, lower pitch. I think it's smart to move from a 21" pitch to a 19" pitch, and if that's still not enough to "yank" your skiers out of the water, go down in pitch even further, maybe another inch or two, at most. Just be careful when using a prop with a really low pitch, not to over-rev the engine when you're cruising.

I expect that you'll be pleased with the performance of your new 19" four blade SS prop, but let us know.

lcbr

Recruit

just got back from the lake..... the 19 pitch 4 blade stainless power tech mqs4 prop worked very well. wot was within recommended range. this prop gave me a big time hole shot and did not affect top end speed as much as i thought it would. the boat is a tahoe q5i with the 4.3 mpi mercruiser. thanks for the help