Prop installation help

Force39

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Hi, I have a 1995 Force 70 hp outboard. My prop spun off. I've got a different prop and the nut/keeper kit, but not sure about installation. The keeper is made to fit between 2 'tits' on the old prop. The new prop doesn't have those little '*** posts'. The new nut has a (vinyl? plug?) built into it. Assuming the plug part will come out as the nut is tightened down and acts like a locknut. Since the keeper won't do anything since it will be able to spin with the nut, should I use a conventional lock washer or double nut it? The thrust washer stayed on when I lost the prop and it's beveled side is facing the prop and it's flat side is facing the motor. Is this correct? Thanks in advance! John

Attachments

• photo278725.jpg
    photo278725.jpg
    102 KB · Views: 0
  • photo278726.jpg
    photo278726.jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 0

jimmbo

Supreme Mariner
Looking at the pics, the prop and your engine are not compatible. Your engine uses Exhaust thru the hub props, the prop pictured is not that kind.
The thrust washer does look like it is installed backward

Force39

Petty Officer 3rd Class
Thanks Jimmbo! I didn't realize that I had the wrong style prop.If the correct prop doesn't have the 2 'tits' what's the best way to make sure the nut doesn't back off?

jimmbo

Supreme Mariner
Get the correct prop, or for props that use hub kits, the correct hub kit.