20hp 4 stroke suzuki speed

boater1234

Master Chief Petty Officer
I finally got to my local lake to test one of my props. I tested a new 11 pitch oem suzuki prop I ordered. The engine came with a 10 pitch which over revved way to easy.

My results with the 11 pitch prop was a steady 26.5mph-27 and a few times I hit 28.2 but couldn't hold it for to long. This is on a 1648 alumacraft flat bottom jon boat. Boat is 310lbs,me 300lbs,motor is 97lbs,pvc floor is like 50lbs,front 150 qt cooler with 2 blocks in it to weight the front down was like 100lbs. So say 850-900lbs with gas and a few other things on board. I would say that is pretty darn good hitting 28.2 mph a few times. That 20hp suzuki has some serious balls for a small engine. Unbelievable torque to. Got me out of the hole in seconds. I may do a bit better with a 25hp suzuki but I think my speeds are pretty darn good. I had a older guy tell me back at the ramp my boat was flying across the lake so it must be accurate. I also used 4 different gps devices to make sure I wasn't going out of my mind. I am highly impressed with this engine.