Quick prop question

MTJames

Seaman
I picked up a 1971 Silverline Samoa 19V. It has the Chrysler/Volvo 280 stern (171AQ motor). The thing is, I couldn't find the prop size stamped on the prop, just a part number. I measured it out to be a 13" prop, just not sure of the pitch. Any ideas on finding out the pitch? Or will I have to pull the prop and look on the inside of it for the dia/pitch stamp?

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Maclin

Admiral
Post the numbers and any pics. If it is a Volvo part number may be able to roust it out for you. Probably a good idea to pull the prop, those need to be R&R'd with new grease every year or two anyway. You can also get it to a good prop shop for a quick rehab, they should be able to figure out what it is.

Sounds like a pretty cool old boat. Welcome, and ​Good luck on the resto!

MTJames

Seaman
Cool, cool. the number stamped on the prop between the blades it 4624. The nice thing is that the prop is in near mint condition....very minor knicks on the blade, minor being less than 1/8" and only a few. I planned on greasing it up prior to taking it out on the water, anyways, just for my own personal sake of knowing it is greased up. That and it has sat out of the water for 18 years, hoping to get her in the water towards the end of this season.

MTJames

Seaman
Cool, cool. the number stamped on the prop between the blades it 4624. The nice thing is that the prop is in near mint condition....very minor knicks on the blade, minor being less than 1/8" and only a few. I planned on greasing it up prior to taking it out on the water, anyways, just for my own personal sake of knowing it is greased up. That and it has sat out of the water for 18 years, hoping to get her in the water towards the end of this season.

Maclin

Admiral
Volvo brand prop part numbers for that drive are all 6 digits and start with 81, 85 or 87. The part number should be on the hub face, thrust washer end.

MTJames

Seaman
Volvo brand prop part numbers for that drive are all 6 digits and start with 81, 85 or 87. The part number should be on the hub face, thrust washer end.

ahhhh ok I'll dig into that probably next week sometime. Thanks for the info.