Hub size again

rphillips

Seaman Apprentice
I'm still looking at props. Now looking at 2 Quicksilver prop. A Lazer II with # etched in the barrel is 48-16316 19P. I've seen others with the #'s 48-16316 A4 19P. & a Quicksilver Mirage 48-16544 19P. I called the Mercury customer support phone, & they couldn't tell me for sure if either of these props were the small or large hub. They said they were "pretty sure" they were the big hub, but couldn't be sure. No help to me. I was also looking at a Stiletto prop, 10319 M1419, I looked, to the best of my ability, on the computer, but never found if this was the small or large hub.Is there anyway to know for sure, other than holding them in your own hand & measuring them??? For me, this is a very important factor when ordering a prop off of the computer.

jimmbo

Supreme Mariner
Well the Laser II is speced for OB 75 - 115 HP, that lines up with the smaller hub, It will fit on the larger gearcase though, but there will be lots of venting. The Mirage Plus is definitely a large hub, The stiletto I would guess is also a small hub

BTW, what are you trying to put it on?

rphillips

Seaman Apprentice
18' bass boat with Merc XR2 150. It had a small hub when I got it, I thought that is what it needed. Never happy with hole shot. I recently found it should have a big hub. I've tried a few, & am getting close. Much better with big hub.

Chris1956

Supreme Mariner
In general when you spot a prop, go on the manufacturer's website and look up the props for your XR2 and see if the one you spotted is listed. TI believe there were some small hub 150HP V6 motors in the early 80s, so you need to be a bit careful.

rphillips

Seaman Apprentice
Thanks Chris, I've found some of them were small, but it seems most were big, thus the dilemma. It still seems the #'s should be the answere