which prop for 2004 Ebbtide Campione 200?

tdagner

Cadet
I am in need of a new prop for my 2004 ebbtide campione 200 bow rider. Boat is right at 20 foot long, Mercruiser 5.0 liter I/O. I had an aluminum one that got banged up. I had it fixed and it vibrates more than I would like and no longer holds steady at 21-22 MPH when water skiing behind it.

It has a 14.25*21p aluminum prop on it now, that worked perfectly before it was banged up. cruised fine and was able to ski behind it fine. However I would like to change to a stainless prop. I hear I would get better hole shot and lots of other benefits. Can someone tell me what size prop I need in stainless to match or out perform the 14.25*21 aluminum prop I had?

I have no idea how this one got banged up, it is kept on a lift at a lake that is very deep and clean. My little brother was the culprit, and claims he has no idea how he did it and didnt know if happened. It lasted 12 years in perfect condition.

tdagner

Cadet
It is Carb. I have no idea of the ratio, and not sure how to find out. The serial number for the drive is OM468593

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
I ran a Solas stainless 15x19 behind my carb'd 5.0 in my 19' searay
your drive should be a 1.62:1. should be on the decal just above the split from lower to upper
what was your top RPM with the 21p aluminum before you muffed it up?

your pitch gets you the hole shot
stainless gets you a bit less flex if so you get a bit better top end
if you hit stuff often, an aluminum prop gets banged up, a stainless prop can wreck your lower unit. so if you hit stuff often, stick with aluminum.