Looking for info on a prop

Dschotts

Cadet
Hi Just wondering if anyone can tell me a little about this prop - value, characteristics and suitability for my boat:

Michigan Wheel APOLLO XHS - 993046 - 13 7/8 x 23
Running on:
'91 Glastron 1900 with 4.3 Mercruiser Alpha 1 (2bbl)

Thanks!

Sea Rider

Supreme Mariner
Based on to each combo, it's own prop, would say no, unless there's a boater that has exact same boat/engine configuration and runs as equally loaded to provide a proper performance answer..

Happy Boating

Maclin

Admiral
If you are thinking about acquiring it, my opinion is that a 23p is probably too much pitch for your boat's setup.

ahicks

Captain
I'll bet it turns the boat into a pig. Agree, too much prop.

jimmbo

Supreme Mariner
Depending on your engines gear ratio, which is? It may, as mentioned be a Dog, or be OK. BTW, what is the current prop on the boat?

Dschotts

Cadet
Depending on your engines gear ratio, which is? It may, as mentioned be a Dog, or be OK. BTW, what is the current prop on the boat?

From what I can see by way of Mercruiser reference charts the ratio is 1.81.

Anyways the prop is on and we went for a burn last night. I'm very new to boat ownership and have little context to compare to, but it all felt fine. Will see how a couple more outings go and report back. Thanks.

https://www.sterndrivereplacement.c.../alpha-one-gen-1/complete-sei-106/gear-chart/

QBhoy

Fleet Admiral
Up until recently I would have agreed with the prop being to much pitch...
Then a friend took me out in his Monterey 180 edge with 4.3 with 14x23". She revved to just over 4800 rpm trimmed up and a shade over 50mph.

jimmbo

Supreme Mariner
From what I can see by way of Mercruiser reference charts the ratio is 1.81.

Anyways the prop is on and we went for a burn last night. I'm very new to boat ownership and have little context to compare to, but it all felt fine. Will see how a couple more outings go and report back. Thanks.

What were the RPMs at full throttle?