Need advice: new prop for bayliner element

06gtpony

Recruit
Hi folks...

Let me just preface this post by saying I have very little knowledge when it comes to the technical aspects of boats and boat motors, so please forgive my ignorance.

I have a 2015 Element with a Merc 60 that came with the upgraded command thrust prop.

As a result of my own stupidity, I accidentally scrubbed the prop in some loose gravel near the shoreline, and I think I need to replace it.

My question is: What's my best bet for a replacement prop for this Motor? I tried pulling a couple friends behind the boat in a towable, and it seemed like the element had no guts whatsoever (no torque). Couldn't even get close to the top speed I'm used to with passenger onboard as opposed to tied to a towable.

Any recommendations you folks can make would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Sea Rider

Supreme Mariner
If current prop was not previously tached on a wot run as usually loaded, won't know if performed right or not for your set-up. How shot is the prop, post a pic to have a look. Ideal would be to tach current prop, from there go per a prop maximization once knowing achieved wot rpm.

Happy Boating

muskyfins

Chief Petty Officer
On that Element, a 60 might have a tough time getting a tube on plane. Especially a big tube with an adult rider.

Might consider 2 props. One for correct rpm range without towing and a second one propped down a couple inches for towing only.

briangcc

Commander
Got a prop shop near you? Reason I ask is that I dinged mine fairly well and had a prop shop repair it for $50. Was done in a week. Much cheaper then buying a new prop.

Won't mention the admiral put those dings right back in it the next time we were out. Nope. Not gonna do it.:facepalm: