Johnson 1991 175---turbo prop 2+2

Fish Warrior

Recruit
Sure hope someone here can help me out, I have a 91 Johnson J175 GLEIS with a 3 blade Raker prop and 126402 Thrust washer.
when I bought the boat a couple of months ago it came with a 4 blade Turbo prop+2, it will not fit correctly with the thrust washer that is used with the Raker prop, It sits flush with the ends of shaft splines and the outer washer has no splines to engage.I ordered the oem 128 777- 4 blade factory thrust washer and it actually moved turbo prop further out on splines. I hope someone on her has installed a turbo 2+2 four blade prop on this engine before and can give me some info on the correct thrust washer needed.....note- this is an fixed insert < 15-spline > prop not the interchangeable hub style,

jimmbo

Supreme Mariner
If a prop requires a different thrust washer other than an OEM, then contact the manufacturer or retailer of the prop for the correct washer.

Fish Warrior

Recruit
I did, they said contact the Engine manufacture, I did, they said contact the prop manufacture...yo=yo

jimmbo

Supreme Mariner
Well the engine manufacturer will supply thrust washers that fit the props they market. My Volvo has a washer that fits Volvo props and I think, OMC props, it has been 10 years so I should go look in the box the Raker is in. For the past 10 years I have been using a Mercury Prop and it required a completely different thrust washer, guess who made/markets it? Mercury!
Did you buy the prop from a local dealer? If so, haul the boat down there and ask to show you how is supposed to fit? Ask if there are any. those little numbers or asterisks in the prop catalog that says you need such and such to install?