Likely result of this cleaver compared to laser 2

QBhoy

Fleet Admiral
Guys
Given the following, what would we imagine I would see of a difference over my 19"p laser 2

With 19"p laser 2 on 18ft 5.0 MPI with a few mods
5100rpm achievable running light
Will average about 60mph or just over on a normal day
1.47:1 ratio Alpha 1
Excellent all round prop.
Now, here is my conundrum...I have tried a 21p laser two, but it may have been worked. On a perfect day she would run high at just about 5000 rpm and about 63/64, but only in ideal conditions and light. More often than not, it wasn't that nice a prop and rpms were lower and lugged a bit. Hence the change to a 19".
With the above in mind and given that the laser 2 is a 13&1/4x21"p.....is the pictured cleaver, at 14x21"p going to be a dog ? Or will it in fact be not as bad as the 21" laser, just because of the design ?
I can get the right hand rotation one for cheap and thinking it might be worth a shot.
What do we think ?

Attachments

• photo257456.PNG
    photo257456.PNG
    1.9 MB · Views: 0

QBhoy

Fleet Admiral
Posted before about props, so apologies but during he long winter months, one can't help dream and ponder about improvements and tinkering, come the summer !

Texasmark

Supreme Mariner
Going from your 13 numbers to your proposed 14 numbers "IS" a dog, and possible tube OD difference to keep in mind regardless of the prop type, based upon information you furnished for your application. From where you are with your numbers, if you want more speed, you need to do one of two things, or both: Reduce drag or up the ponies. From your 5.0 MPI I'm you are talking about a 5 liter V8 with Multi Port Fuel Injection. Being an I/O (assumed vs inboard) you can't jack up the engine like you can do with an OB to reduce that drag, Is the hull clean or do you have scum that needs to be removed? What "junk" do you have aboard that is serving no useful purpose? What gear is forward that you could move to the stern? Your Laser II is a bow lifting prop so you don't have any help there. If you are using trim tabs they are working against you if in the water at your 60 mph. A few ideas!

QBhoy

Fleet Admiral
Just catching up on this. Thanks for the input. Good points !