stingray 198lx prop size

QBhoy

Fleet Admiral
Sure is. Surprisingly for a 4 blader. Just shows you how different props perform out of the expected norm, on different boats.

roffey

Commander

interesting read, the prop that was on the boat when I bought it was a 23p aluminum. When new and the prop was in good shape I could hit 54 by the GPS on my phone. I have to pay a few bills from Christmas and then I'm going to order a new prop. Any information I can get before I pull the trigger is appreciated. I will post back as soon as I wet the boat in May.

roffey

Commander
No Title

my new arrival, straight from Iboats to Ontario Canada...

Attachments

• photo258486.JPG
    photo258486.JPG
    25.3 KB · Views: 0

roffey

Commander
Bummer, Max RPM is 4600 and MPH is 52..... looking at selling the prop..

QBhoy

Fleet Admiral
Mmm. Thought that particular might be a bit much. Too much blade area and probably not a performance based prop. Would have liked to see what a 21 or 23 ballistic would do on your boat.
What's your next move ? Really keen to see how you get on. Have you tried a laser 2 ?
Can't fault it on my similar boat.

89retta

Senior Chief Petty Officer
I have a 4 blade 19" Turning point aluminium on my boat and hit 48mph on gps. Try a 21" and go from there

roffey

Commander
Mmm. Thought that particular might be a bit much. Too much blade area and probably not a performance based prop. Would have liked to see what a 21 or 23 ballistic would do on your boat.
What's your next move ? Really keen to see how you get on. Have you tried a laser 2 ?
Can't fault it on my similar boat.

I have aluminum 23 inch had as backup think I just ng to se it for short term. I have had offers on the prop but they are in the $100 range, lol. I told them I will keep it. surprisingly enough the boat is out of the hole faster. prop was a performance prop. I got it here on Iboats, Solas 1551-140-24

roffey

Commander
So back to this thread, after a couple of tanks of gas the boat is faster and has a much better hole shot. I can run 55 mph if all is right, half a tank, only me in the boat and wind at my back and messing with the trim for about two or three min. At the end of the day this prop is faster. Was it worth the $500 for the extra MPH? Not really but I did need a new prop and it does look fancy on the back of my boat, lol. I am still in the RPM range for the motor as I run at 4600 RPM and the range is 4400 to 4800.